[Plugin] pirate audio

found it now under “System Hardware” :slight_smile:

Hi,
I have a Pi 0 and a Pirate Audio Line Out that used to work properly.
Some weeks ago, when changing it to a diferent home, the screen stoped showing any image and responding to the buttons, but the backlight is on and music plays as usual and expected (controled by the app on a phone).
After some tinkering and reinstalling and resetting, I can’t get the screen or buttons to work.
So, I did a full reset of the system, run the initial setup, and install only the Pirate Audio plugin. Everything seamed to go as normal, except that it is on 90% and stating “Finalizing installation” for more than 30 minutes.
Accessing it from a PC, the plugin shows on the installed list.
Can I just restart the Pi 0 and turn on the plugin, or should wait until it gets to the 100%?
TIA

… and you can ignore my last post…
My phone timed out, and when turning back on, the app showed the initial Volumio screen. I’ve turned Pi 0 off, back on, and all is well :grin:

1 Like

many thanks for that case and providing it to the scene :slight_smile: I have just swapped out an adafruit Bonnet in favour to the pirate aduio line out dac. although mine is a Zero W i think it will fit just perfect. What do you think about printing in black ABS ? It cost 15€ w shipping. Hope its strong and durable enough. My concern is the buttons, should i choose a different material to make them smoother?

Hi AxLED,
i have just discovered Volumio and i have the pirate audio dac hat. I cant find the Miscellanea plugin to enable the screen to work with this hat. Can you point me in the direction of what i need to do to enable this to work. PS I know nothing of coding etc but i can follow instructions. Your help is most appreciated. I am using pi02 with headphone out PirateAudio hat.
Thanks in advance Darren

Enable plugin test mode in /dev where IP is your device address.
The plugin is beta and in system_hardware category :wink:

Hi, Thank you for that. Do I then set test mode back to false after, or just leave as is?
Regards Darren

There is no problems if you stay in test mode. But be aware some plugin may be ‘unstable’ because in beta :wink:

Can someday point me to the solution for the OLED to turn off with Volumio being shut down? I’m not comfortable with it being powered 24/7. , I cut the power each time. That’s not the final solution for me

Thanks for input

@Bananoid

discussed some times before, see: [Plugin] pirate audio - #167 by AxLED

AxLED

Morning folks.

@AxLED thank you for putting all the effort into this it’s exactly what I am looking for. However I have a problem. My Screen on my DAC just says ‘Please Wait’ and the screen flashes on and off every so often.

I am on a fresh install of the latest Volume, I installed the plugin via test mode with no errors at all.

Any ideas of how to resolve my issue? Or can I provide further info on the issue that may help?

Hi @AxLED,

I’m having the same issue as w0zzaM8v. I have a new install of the latest Volumio with the DAC and I also get the “Please wait” issue. From the logs, I can see the service keeps restarting after a failure. Any chance you can help?
Here is what the logs show:

info: CoreCommandRouter::volumioGetQueue
info: CoreStateMachine::getQueue
info: CorePlayQueue::getQueue
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/data/plugins/system_hardware/pirateaudio/display.py”, line 721, in
main()
File “/data/plugins/system_hardware/pirateaudio/display.py”, line 697, in main
SOCKETIO.wait()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/socketIO_client/init.py”, line 251, in wait
self._process_packets()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/socketIO_client/init.py”, line 278, in _process_packets
self._process_packet(engineIO_packet)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/socketIO_client/init.py”, line 491, in _process_packet
delegate(parse_socketIO_packet_data(socketIO_packet_data), namespace)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/socketIO_client/init.py”, line 513, in _on_event
namespace._find_packet_callback(event)(*args)
File “/data/plugins/system_hardware/pirateaudio/display.py”, line 497, in on_push_state
VOLUMIO_DICT[‘VOLUME’] = int(args[0][‘volume’])
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ‘’
pirateaudio.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
pirateaudio.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
pirateaudio.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
pirateaudio.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 2.
Stopped Service for using pirate audio display in volumio.
Started Service for using pirate audio display in volumio.

please post a full log, you might miss crucial information if you place partial copies…
https://volumio.github.io/docs/User_Manual/Sending_logs_for_troubleshooting.html

Hi Wheaten, thanks for the response.
I actually was able to sort it out. For some reason, the Mixer Type was set to Null. I changed it to Software, rebooted and found the screen working as expected.

that will do the trick indeed.

Good afternoon,
I am using the Pirate Audio Headphone board on a Pi zeroW 1.1. Volumio is installed with the Pirate Audio Plugin and everything seems to work except I have no sound from the headphone jack. Has this issue been identified and/or resolved? If so will you point me to the solution? I cannot seem to find anything on my particular issue. Please note that I have tested the board with the Pirate Audio software from GitHub and confirmed that it does work, so it does not appear to be a hardware issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Did you choose “Hifiberry DAC” in Volumio playback configuration ?

br
Josef

Thank you for your response, yes I did and I also set the mixer to software. Should I be making adjustments to the config file? If so., What would they be?

Thanks for your help.

Either the latest Volumio Update has broken something… Or my A button has failed :disappointed:… Any pointers as to how to debug the button presses? (is it logged somewhere?) If it’s a duff button I may have to swap the button actions in the code I guess? (Or buy a replacement board)

I’ve just installed this plugin for the first time on my raspberry pi zero w
It wasn’t playing any audio after initial setup… as pointed out in all instructions, I had the mixer set to software and dac set to “HifiBerry DAC”, reboots… but still… nothing!
Once I turned off “I2S DAC” from the Audio Output options - but still having “Hifiberry DAC” selected, I was able to hear my music.
I am not sure if I had to turn it off from the begining or not.

When it comes to buttons, only “Y” is not working.

System Version: 3.449
Pirate Audio Plugin Version: 0.1.1

1 Like