[PLUGIN] Now Playing

you can set it in the nowplaying plugin in the settings.

2 Likes

1 Like

Hello and thank you for this awesome plugin. Im in the making of my first Volumio streamer and got my 11.9” HDMI screen to work, and installed touchscrrrn plugin and now playing plugin.

What i an having issues with, is the now playing plugin not reacting to changes i make from the setting.

For example if i change the font size / color or enable / disable buttons from the screen, nothing happens. Plugin confirms the change but nothing changes even after reboot the system.

What am i doing wrong here? Im a total newbie what it comes to RaspberryPi but i have a moderate skill with computers in general.

Waveshare 11.9” HDMI LCD
Raspberry Pi 4
Newest versions of volumio + plugins

enter px as the value, of course click on the save button.

now i install the last version of volumio
Does now playing works without the plug in touch playing?

I have https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/7.9inch_HDMI_LCD
and want to use this display, i dont know how to start

please help me out

Please place each question in the correct topic.
This topic is for now playing only.

Question in regards to Touch display goes into: [PLUGIN] Touch Display

And yes you need both plugins.

1 Like

Sorry for bad english.
Can any one guide me like a child please.
My display resolution is 1920*480.
I like to make cover size bigger and title,song ect. filling better rest od the display.At the moment is hard to read them.

For example:

Change the numbers as you need.

Hi there, this is such an awesome plug-in! I would like to edit the CSS file as I am a UI/UX designer and have to tweak everything LOL!

I saw this way up in the top of the thread:
"You can edit the file /data/plugins/user_interface/now_playing/app/public/stylesheets/main.css"

But when I follow that file path I do not find the public dir and no stylesheets dir or main.css?

Did the path to the stylesheet change?
this is what I see:
volumio@volumio-home:/data/plugins/user_interface/now_playing/app$ ls -l
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 3 volumio volumio 1024 Apr 7 13:46 assets
drwxr-xr-x 3 volumio volumio 1024 Apr 7 13:46 client
drwxr-xr-x 2 volumio volumio 1024 Apr 7 13:46 handler
-rw-r–r-- 1 volumio volumio 1619 Sep 12 2022 index.js
drwxr-xr-x 3 volumio volumio 1024 Apr 7 13:46 preview
-rw-r–r-- 1 volumio volumio 685 Sep 12 2022 router.js
drwxr-xr-x 2 volumio volumio 1024 Apr 7 13:46 views

Not sure what I missing here but I don’t have a public folder?

Bump anybody? :smiley:

That’s a posting from 2 years ago :-). If I am correct, the style sheets are located here:

/data/plugins/user_interface/now_playing/app/client/build/static/css
1 Like

Thanks for helping out, @Wheaten . Yes, the stylesheets are in that directory.

No longer the case since I moved to ReactJS for the plugin’s web client. You can access the source repo to get an idea of the UI components used and the styles that apply to them.

Is there a way to do grouping from the Now Playing screen? Plugin looks amazing and am looking forward to getting my screen installed to use it in a permanent location.

Unfortunately, no. Two reasons:

1. This feature is only available to Premium accounts, which I don’t have nor plan on having.
  2. Even with a Premium account, I don’t have access to the proprietary code that enables this feature.

Understood. Still looking forward to implementing this plugin. I think it’s a better Now Playing screen than the default.

Really nice development has been done here! Great stuff :slight_smile:
I had a network issue with port 4040, changed that to 8080 and all started to work for me (weather icons, Genius API and the background image from Unsplash)!

I have another question related to the Now Playing service: My Tizen web browser (Samsung) does not allow me to use a port number in the URL, it keeps on opening a google result page: http://192.168.1.111:8080 whereas using it without a port number the default playback web interface is loading just fine.

Is there a way to either rewrite the URL, or even use a different ip address for the now playing service?

Thanks a million!

A small request: Since we are installing beta’s and sometimes need to go back to factory settings, it would be a really nice option to export the configuration so it’s simple to restore it if needed (also handy for other ‘heavy’ config plugins).

Yeah, It can be a pain to input all your configuration settings again and again.
The way I do it now is to log into volumio with an sftp program with something like FileZilla and backup

/data/configuration/user_interface/now_playing/config.json

then when you have finnished reinstalling, just copy it back over and you’re all back up and running again.

1 Like

Would be nice to have an import export functionality available from within the web interface…

Have you tried using http://volumio.local:8080 sure I had to do this on a windows tablet for a similar reason.

worth a shot :slight_smile:

1 Like