[PLUGIN] MPD OLED - installation & configuration plugin

Thank you - basically wanted to display source selection when menu button pressed on IR remote but now I got the answer its not possible as there is no source function implemented on the Volumio CLI side so on the MPD OLED can’t be programable.

Thanks much your response.

Hi!
Volumio-3.512,
MPD Oled v1.1.2

If I restart the Raspberry, an Alsa error appears.
If I turn off the Oled plugin and restart the system, the error disappears.
?
Oled_problem

No idea sorry :disappointed:

Sorry, that wasn’t the MPD Oled plugin error.
The Plugin is OK.

@Don_Frenk wahoo! :partying_face::tada::grin:

Any idea what the issue was for you?!

I changed the power input on the Raspberry. This reduced the voltage loss. I think low power supply can cause such errors.

this is a very nice system, I love it!

Thanks.
Aluminium Case
2.42 Oled

Hello,

I’ve now tested it with an RPI 4b and it works almost out of the box some i2c.
The usual changes to the board regarding R3/R4, R5 connect, R7 were not necessary because a resistor is already mounted here. RES ist GPIO 25.

(DollaTek 2.42" 128X64 OLED Display Module IIC I2C - Serial Peripheral for UNO R3 - Blue Font)

All plugin settings to default, when paused to stop.

Here, however, I have the error that the Spectrum does not restart automatically after a break of about 40 minutes. Solution is Plugin/Settings/Save.

Otherwise it runs perfectly…great work!!

However, I still have two questions…

What does the exclamation mark at the top left actually mean?

Is it actually possible that the Oled goes dark after a certain time during pause/stop… like the Allo Boss2 player does with its Oled?

greetings

Torsten

• The exclamation mark should not be there. Is it also visible in stop mode?
  • Currently blanking of the display is not available. You need to modify the code by yourself.

Thanks for the reply…

Yes, it’s also in stop mode…

I can also do this at [PLUGIN] MPD OLED - installation & configuration plugin - #824 by Don_Frenk
recognize

no Sir…I’m good with a soldering iron and machines…But I can’t be used for programming…I went for chalk on this topic… :joy:

If it’s there in stop mode too, it might be a program error, as I see the same in the link you provided.

Hi Thor

It looks like the screen image has also been shifted to the right

oled_shift

Have you configured the plugin to use the Adafruit (SSD1306) driver?

Adrian.

Hello,

No, I have the as set in the screenshot.

Torsten

In that case, try using “3. Adafruit…”, as this is for SSD1306 displays, and should be compatible with your SD1309 display.

Adrian.

Great…done…

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, same error here (Device or resource busy).
What do you mean by “changed the power input”? I’ve tried to change the power supply but no result. The only way is to disable mpd oled plugin, then restart Volumio and re-enable plugin. (read this workaround somewhere in this community).
Thanks a lot

Hello,

Another workaround is to set the DSD playback mode in Playback from DSD via PCM (DoP) to DSD Direct or vice versa.

Which DAC, which RPI is used? For USB DAC, switch this on before the RPI.

I can reproduce this error so far…

When I switch off Multiroom in sources and restart I get this error…(Device or resource busy)

If I switch off Multiroom, the startup sound doesn’t stutter.

With Multiroom, the start tone and the first song that is started stutters for about two seconds, after which this phenomenon no longer occurs, as far as I have observed.

I have to observe very long pauses to see whether the Spectrum starts again on its own.