OLED spectrum display on Volumio on Raspberry Pi Zero W

Thanks for everything I am reinstalling moode audio with that it works, by volume I will wait for your own display to come to me, now I am a little tired and by the way I work until late at night I ask you one last thing I use a lot of youtube streaming on moode Is it normal that only the time remains with this operation and that the titles and the spectrum analyzer only work on web radios and USB sticks?

For the spectrum analyser to work mpd_needs to know that the player is playing, and it needs a copy of the audio that is playing.

As different players can play through different plugins mpd_oled tries to query the player for the play/pause/stop state. If the player says that something is playing or paused then mpd_oled shows the screen with the spectrum analyser.

It is possible to configure mpd_oled to analyse the final audio that is playing, which then works with all plugins. However, the configuration depends on the player OS and audio settings, and requires details about the player OS that I don’t believe are provided by any of the player OSs. See here for some example working configurations: github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/issues/4 .

sorry again last thing with volume and everything ok to riptodurre the music with mode does not work only the audio my dac is this:
it.banggood.com/X920-HIFI-DAC-P … rehouse=CN

Sorry, I don’t understand your question, but if it is about configuring your DAC then I can’t help with that.

Sorry, adrii I got the doubt check if everything is correct?

Volumio MPD Configuration File

Files and directories

music_directory “/var/lib/mpd/music”
playlist_directory “/var/lib/mpd/playlists”
db_file “/var/lib/mpd/tag_cache”
log_file “/var/log/mpd.log”
#pid_file “/var/run/mpd/pid”
#state_file “/var/lib/mpd/state”
#sticker_file “/var/lib/mpd/sticker.sql”
###############################################################################

General music daemon options

user “mpd”
group “audio”
bind_to_address “any”
#port “6600”
#log_level “default”
gapless_mp3_playback “no”

#save_absolute_paths_in_playlists “no”
#metadata_to_use "artist,album,title,track,name,genre,date,composer,perf$
auto_update “yes”
#auto_update_depth “3”

Symbolic link behavior

follow_outside_symlinks “yes”
follow_inside_symlinks “yes”

Input

Audio Output

resampler {
plugin “soxr”
quality “high”
threads “1”
}

audio_output {
type “alsa”
name “alsa”
device “hw:1,0”
dop “no”
quality “high”
threads “1”
}

audio_output {
type “alsa”
name “alsa”
device “hw:1,0”
dop “no”

}

audio_output {
type “fifo”
enabled “no”
name “multiroom”
path “/tmp/snapfifo”
format “44100:16:2”
}

audio_output {
type “fifo”
name “mpd_oled_FIFO”
path “/tmp/mpd_oled_fifo”
format “44100:16:2”
}

#replaygain “album”
#replaygain_preamp “0”
volume_normalization “no”

MPD Internal Buffering

audio_buffer_size “2048”
buffer_before_play “10%”

Resource Limitations ########################################################
#connection_timeout “60”
max_connections “20”
max_playlist_length “819200”
max_command_list_size “81920”
max_output_buffer_size “819200”

Character Encoding

filesystem_charset “UTF-8”
id3v1_encoding “UTF-8”

Seems fine. Also, in the Volumio UI on your browser, make sure go to Settings > Playback Options and click on Save in the Audio Output section.

adriii, I succeeded, then the problem is that when I get to this command
sudo bash install.sh
he confirms everything, the problem is that if I reboot everything returns as before as if it lost its memory, this happens after I gave this command:
sudo systemctl start mpd_oled,
another problem is that if i close the web ui does not go back to the time but remains on the last song i played, advice.

Sounds like good progress.

Did you edit the mpd_oled.service file to include the command that works for you?

sudo nano mpd_oled.service

You need to do this befor running install.sh (it is fine to repeat these steps)

If you click on the stop button before closing the UI the OLED will display the time.

here sudo nano / usr / local / bin nothing is found here sudo nano mpd_oled.service yes:
this:
sudo ./mpd_oled -o 3
But here in the enable line:
audio_output
{
type “fifo”
enabled “yes”
name “multiroom”
path “/ tmp / snapfifo”
format “44100: 16: 2”
}
should i put no or yes?

Edit mpd_oled.service

nano mpd_oled.service_example

Make it look like

[code][Unit]
Description=MPD OLED Display

[Service]
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/mpd_oled -o 3

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target[/code]
Then run

sudo ./install.sh

and already so,
I wanted to know if in this code:
audio_output
{
type “fifo”
enabled “yes”
name “multiroom”
path “/ tmp / snapfifo”
format “44100: 16: 2”
}
enabled “yes” or “no”
The problem and if rebooting returns as before it is only the time and date that is not updated

I understood that if I want everything to be updated I must always do the command sudo bash install.sh, if I change the song it hangs on the last song. and it doesn’t update then I do the command sudo bash install.sh, and it updates itself

You don’t need to make any more changes to mpd.conf.tmpl.

My understanding, from the extra report on the Moode forum:

moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread. … 2#pid17162

is that your mpd_oled configuration is probably correct, and there is some kind of I2C issue involving the DAC board/driver/configuration and the OLED/mpd_oled.

hi guys, I have become white hair
then with audio mode the display works perfectly with hifiberry dac + for 5122, it does not reproduce any sound unfortunately I also enabled manually: dtparam = audio = on, because via ssh it did not allow it but no audio, while with volume it is on the contrary everything works but just end one song and start the other the display freezes on the last image, if you have other suggestions I accept them thanks

ok i don’t know what happened but now on volumio everything works perfectly i will investigate and let you know

I set hifiberry dac and it works perfectly while even here the audio does not come out I was deluded because I had not put the headphones yet anyway I will buy the new dac hifi berry I don’t see any other solution

Hi ghera78

Just a couple of toughts…

As you are willing to not have HW volume control, maybe there are software options to disable the DAC’s use of I2C (you could ask about this in a new post, perhaps in the DACs section: dacs.html).

Maybe you could try an SPI OLED (I paid just over 4 euros for a 1.3" SSH1106 128x64 SPI OLED).

Adrian.

hello adri I bought the screen you say you came to me yesterday for work reasons I will assemble it on Monday and I’ll let you know thanks for the patience you had in putting up with me on Monday I update you bye

The issue appears to be that mpd_oled and the DAC driver were accessing the I2C bus using incompatible interfaces. I have just updated the mpd_oled repository with a fix for this.

Adrian.

hello sorry sorry I wanted to ask if the drivers for 1.3 inch 128x64 lcd are different from 0,96 following this guide github.com/antiprism/mpd_oled/b … VOLUMIO.md
because 0.96 lcd works very well while the 1.3 inch lcd turns on but you see everything white, keep in mind that I have tried 3 different ones, thank you in advance.