[NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin and Tweaks Adventures on Buster Betas

I found my (stupid) error…
past this two files in plugin folder (index.js and in ./asound/volumioalsa.postalsa.5.conf (remove any other file in thiis folder)mpd.zip (5,9 Ko)

All files are up to date and asound.conf has been automatically updated.

Still no equaliser :frowning: or audio though

Short info : I have updated via test mode to v 3.054 and all installed plugins are retained and working : touch display, peppymeter, spotify.

My setting is alsa,hw:Loopback,1
Can you check?

Mine is same alsa,hw:Loopback,1

Really I don’t understand… I packaged the version running on my RPI mpd_oled.zip (3,5 Mo)

1 Like

Hello ,
I have also installed the plugin. The plugin installed OK but no spectrum is shown during playing .
i have an usb dac
aplay_output.txt (5.3 KB)

Thanks

It is working, I have set CAVA to ON in the plugin settings. I have thought that this is on by default.
I have changed dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=400000. it was 80000…
Spotify and web radio is OK :slight_smile: Spectrum is shown

Peppy meter and CAVA are not working in parallel. This is possible to implement ?
i have disabled the CAVA from plugin option , soectrum is not shown but in that case neither meters are shown ,
So in order to have peppy meter I need ti uninstall the mpd oled ?
Thanks

I installed the files in the zip but it still didn’t work.

I noticed MPD errors when looking in the logs

Mar 10 20:43:32 volumio3 volumio[17787]: error: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket
Mar 10 20:43:32 volumio3 volumio[17787]: error: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket
Mar 10 20:43:37 volumio3 volumio[17787]: error: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket
Mar 10 20:43:37 volumio3 volumio[17787]: error: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket

The default CAVA audio source is OFF because the source is pipe directly out of MPD. The custom source of alsa,hwLoopback,1 tells the plugin to use the loopback device.

I don’t think CAVA and peppy can run in parallel because currently the ALSA configuration, it’s either one or the other and they’re both using the loopback device.

Just disable the plugin you don’t want.

I have disabled the mpd oled and peppy is working .
The watch remains active even if mod oled is off. this is ok no ? because I would like that watch remains active even if mpd oled is disabled ,
many thanks

Peppymeter is not using loopback. I think we can make both working together. But it probably need some adjustments… Peppymeter use a special pcm device"meter" to pipe data. But in my plugin I use a route to make it work with other plugins such as equalizer or DSP. @supercrab have you made other mod on the system?

1 Like

Ah, cool! Yeah, I shouldn’t really speak about things I know nothing of :wink:

I haven’t made any other mods. It was a fresh install yesterday. I didn’t want to introduce to many changes.

You can’t have the clock displayed if the plugin is disabled. I noticed my clock would not clear but it seems to be working as it should now…

now the plugin is disabled and the watch is displayed , for me this is ok :slight_smile:

Is the clock actually refreshing? What happens if you play music? I think the screen might just be stuck on whatever it was displaying…

yes you are wright :slight_smile: it is stuck . is just late I guess :frowning: but it will be great to make it work in paralel in the newr future . Because it is nice plugin and my streamer is build with an oled display just because if this .yo show watch when not playing .
Thanks

I retested the version of mpd_oled I uploaded above on a fresh install Volumio 3.054 and it works out of the box
edit : I added an equalizer, still ok :wink:
webradio, qobuz, nas ok

The same for me, on 3.054.

Hello,
Mpd oled : when I am listening to spotify and stop the song the screen is not switching to watch screen. I know that it was an issue also with qobuz but it was fixed. Now I guess this is an older version of mpd oled. I guess it was fixed by adding p suffix something like this to. /mpd_oled command
On web radio is ok.
Thanks.