[NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin and Tweaks Adventures on Buster Betas

You may be right. I have done some testing and readin on the DRC-FIR tool. I ended up using the new standard correction curve supplied with DRC, pa-44.1.txt. It worked to generate a file both in the terminal and in the UI. But anytime the DRC plugin is enabled, it’s a hit and miss whether the system works. It’s very sensitive, sometimes when you touch something, like enable/disable effect for comparison, it stops working and gives Audio device errors or whatever. Sometimes the system restarts by itself and can take hours to come alive again. I know this is beta but I unfortunately had the same experience with the supposedly stable Volumio2. So I have decided to give up on DRC in Volumio for now, it’s just to much trouble, and I will settle with the PEQ as it is not sustainable everytime when you sit down for a listening session that you don’t know if the system is gonna work or not.

Volumio 2 is not stable with DRC plugin. It is known even if I use it on a Allo boss player for month.
On Volumio3, I didn’t met problem as you. I will deeply test with your impulse though.
But thank you for testing and your feedback :wink:

I will give it a try again later, maybe when V3 is out of beta. I will go through some errors and logs and see if I find something more that may be of interest.

Hi,
is there a crossfeed plugin for Vol3? I tried Bauer plugin but it’s not working.
Maybe it’s in Camilla DSP plugin?

I suggest to open a new dedicated thread. I don’t think your problem is related to Buster.

okay, i will.

@xpedotx You have to enable the plugin in UI

1 Like

hi @balbuze

im stuck here on the installation… how do i answer to get pass this?
tried y and yes… its still there…

so i just leave the ssh like that?
like kill the session to continue remove the eq folder and zip file ?

just ctrl+x
yes no problem
You may have to remove by hand though

ok got it… enabled from gui…
im sorry as im new to this text base config… is there any guide on this on how to set things up…

i just want to tame down some high freq… like negative few db for 14khz and 16khz… what eq type to use and what to put in the field?

Hi I see. This is a parametric EQ. A peaking should be ok. But, it seems you need a graphical EQ, much more easy if you don’t know what is a parametric one…
It is here volumio-plugins/plugins/audio_interface/volsimpleequal10 at alsa_modular · balbuze/volumio-plugins · GitHub :wink:
Disable or remove the other if you don’t need it.

Is there a way to manually adjust the CamillaDSP config for different samplerates? I don’t want to use the FIR-FILTER generator in the webui, I want to make my filters “by hand”, but then what happens is you have to manually change the filter to the correct samplerate.

There is a function in CamillaDSP to specify filters as “filter_$samplerate$.dbl” and then have a separate file for each rate. But I don’t know if this is compatible with the Volumio plugin. Any help?

1 Like

Hi!
Just name your filter with sample rate at the end (like in demo files)
myfilter-44100.xxx
myfilter-48000.xxx
myfilter-88000.xxx
and so on
and it will switch automatically
edit : in the plugin select the lowest sample rate

Ok nice! Thanks for the info.

@balbuze Thanks for the PeppyMeter plugin and works great on latest Volumio 3.x! One request, any future plans to incorporate your PeppyMeter plugin as a screensaver similar to 2aCDs plugin?

Thanks

@guyp2k
There will be some good news about it soon.
I can assure you that @2aCD is working on some new features on the screensaver work also me working on that. I already have that working with the @balbuze peppymeter plugin and alsa modular…still work in progress. Would be good to merge also balbuze in the way but i guess he’s pretty busy with the development of some new plugins for Volumio Buster.

Best Regards

1 Like

Hello. For sure we can merge all improvement. I didn’t follow exactly what has been done, but if you point me exactly what you need, I will integrate it. Or if someone else want to do it, no problems!

1 Like

Hey!
Nice to hear that @balbuze !
I really hope that chance to be true for all the members and to be official plugin on Volumio Buster :grinning:
@2aCD is making an awesome work and big improvements on the screensaver vumeter with infos.
So let’s just wait that and then if @2aCD also wants to merge it, we can do it for all members and push commits to GitHub :grinning:
I dont want to mess with your work or @2aCD work :wink:
Best Regards

Thanks @balbuze for the reply and to answer your question, using your peppymeter plugin, would it be possible to add the ability function as a screensaver instead of a permanent overlay i.e., when ever you press play/pause from an app the Volumio UI is available and once you press play, peppymeter is visible again. Lastly, if you touch the Volumio display the UI would appear and once you press play, peppymeter is engaged again.

Thanks