Not able to access local music on Volumio 3

the init does not log a lot, but try it. Re-flash the SD, do your first boot then provide a log.
How-To-Provide-A-Log

This failing expansion issue starts to annoy me :triumph:
Let us try something new in case your issue is persistent.
It needs me to build a specific version to get more debug info.
PM me for the details, as it also needs some work (flashing test versions) from you.

This issue is really driving me nuts. I exchanged almost everything now:

• different SD cards (vendors, sizes)
  • different power supplies
  • different SD readers ( at least two)
  • different Piā€™s (originally I wanted to get it running on a 2B, but now I freed a 3B for testing)
  • different flashint tools (Etcher, dd, raspi imager)

Even in combinations, but not exhaustive since I canā€™t do ā€œVolumio on Raspberry Pi studiesā€ all the day :wink:

There is one thing I still can change which is the flashing OS (will try Rufus on Windows at another PC), but I am not that confident this will change anything. There must be something in the air around here which prevents me from getting this stuff runningā€¦

PS: in my rant I forgot that I did an initial startup log:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/Nlm20nX.html

So, short update:
None of the tries with Volumio 3.449 was successful in a meaning that I had a system, which was resizing its partition automatically and able to mount a USB pen drive.
I did a test with the latest Volumio 2 release (2.915), which is able to mount a USB drive automatically, but which was also not resizing the partition of the SD card. Maybe I can try with the touch command.
I will also do a last try with Volumio 3.301 if it is behaving different that the latest version; it was the latest version I was able to find by ā€œURL reverse engineeringā€. The newer ones I was not able to find the fitting URL for. But no deal, I will not do much more research here, using the 2.915 serves my purpose perfectly if none of the other tries lead to any success.

for 2.916 / 2.917 version look here these are the last 2.x versions
but what i donā€™t understand is that al latest versions should resize the drive.

// Version 2.917.....Please Meesta - #3 by dvo

Hello! Sorry, but I havenā€™t found an answer to my question anywhereā€¦ and Iā€™m absolutely not a Linux wizard. I have an rpi4, latest volumio 3. I control it from my android mobile phone. I can now play music from my laptopā€™s network folder. I can listen to web radio. I donā€™t know one thing: I have 2 large music folders on my phone. One in the phoneā€™s internal memory. The other is on a 512 GB micro SD card, which is also in the phone. I donā€™t see these anywhere in Volumio, I canā€™t browse. What could be the problem? What can I do? Thanks

A phone does not act as a file server, you need apps for it.
Take a look here:

1 Like

Unfortunately, I donā€™t understand it that wayā€¦ :frowning: Specifically, can I use some utility or setting on my phone itself that shows the phoneā€™s storage folder under Volumio?
so that it appears inside the Volume under the NAS source.
I only want it because, for example, using BubbleUPNP is also quite difficult and slow. ā€¦however, I need a more concrete example of what I can do. You are a very nice company, the problem with me is that Iā€™m not a great computer guru :frowning:

Sorry canā€™t help you any further. Donā€™t have android.
Use google or maybe someone from the community can help.

But to be honest, just copy the music to an USB thumb and stick it the rPi. As i am not sure if these kind of solutions your looking for will actually work.

1 Like

Maybe youā€™re right, or Iā€™m old (49 years old), but at the beginning it seemed logical to me that if I remotely control the music from an Android mobile phone, I can easily play it from my mobileā€™s music folders in Volumio. Letā€™s just say that Iā€™ve since realized that I thought wrong. Anyway, I thought it wasnā€™t difficult to make a shared folder under Android12. But according to them, it is difficult. Thanks for your help as always. :wink:

Ps: this is an old habit of mine, that I keep a lot of music in the internal memory of my mobile phone and on a 512 Gb micro sd card. At that time, I was still playing music with the HIBYMUSIC program, the usb c of my mobile was connected directly to the external dac. But there were many problems with it, jitter, crackling, the cable also bothered me, and the sound quality wasnā€™t right either.

Have you also looked at mconnect?
Prefer that one over Bubbleā€¦
Maybe that responds better than Bubble, at least it has a better interface IMO.

1 Like

I looked, but only the free version. (Testing it). Unfortunately, it does not show the folders at the native folder level, only mixed up. And you canā€™t see the music folders of the micro sd, nor the micro sd (only the mobile internal storage).
It didnā€™t see the microsd folders or the card at all.
Tidal Connect works in BubbleUPNP, I can stream everything, but it doesnā€™t transfer properly to Volumio for reasons of grack time, and the response is a bit slow (also free version, for now)

Then I am out of ideas and suggestions.

1 Like

Have not tried it myself, but maybe can give you some ideas

1 Like