No wifi connection or hotspot after July26 update

Have they even acknowledged the problem? It looks like it’s just a pathname mismatch for the kernel module files for the ADC.

@AndrewJB Thank you for describing the manual rollback procedure.
That saved hours of setting up a new sd card and putting all the music on it.
Now i am back to 2.587

Just to be clear: have you performed the rollback using any Linux distro or there’s a way to do this under Win10? I can only see the first partition, other two are not mounted.
Thx in advance.

I used an Ubuntu 16.04 VM within VirtualBox on a Windows 10 Pro host with my usb 3 card reader passed through to the VM, but any modern Linux distro should work fine.
The reason Windows 10 doesn’t mount the other 2 partitions is because they use the ext4 filesystem, which is mainly used with Linux and is not readable on Windows 10. There are 3rd party drivers for EXT4 but I have never used or tried them.

Thx AndrewJB :slight_smile:

Your post helped me a lot. Using Virtualbox and Ubunto iso I have managed to get to /volumio partition with system backup, but I could not save anything on /boot, since I always got error message that it’s read-only filesystem. Remounting to -rw did not helped. I have saved the tar archive to my NAS and extracted the content on /boot partition under Windows. It brought up Volumio back to life, thanks again :slight_smile:

Obvious this was not tested. And astonishing that 2 months later no fix. And more disturbing we’ve not even seen a response from volumio!! I for one have always doubted their viability. Bugs and broken promises. Its time for me to move to a different product. Suggestions? All i really need is streaming radio and available to spotify or tidal via connect.

It seems to me that since MyVolumio, that’s where all the effort is going, and I certainly understand the need financially support the project, I wish there was more care put into the original. I do think there should have been a more visible announcement about the failed upgrade, there were multiple help posts about the same issue, most got ignored.

I think overall in the last 3+ years using it, this is the second major fail I’ve had, so still pretty good track record for an free project.