My homemade raspberry pi streamer

Thanks , now it is clear :slight_smile: that small amp confuses me …

that was the same idea what i had 0.5 amp is nearly nothing… ( the same as 1 usb port )

Can I use the Module A-19 2x3-20V LT1083 to power the rpi ? Without the power management module and pure pi?

yes, it is practically nothing, but sufficient to control the Philips NOS DAC.

it now sounds beautiful with the ian Canada Products in between… clearly gives an improvement for such an old dac Chip.

philips had nice dacs in the past. more rich sound.

make sure you use a transformer that has no more than 9 volts ac.

i guess because of overheating?

i once built a streamer for my brother in law and used the same power supply for the raspberry pi 4 and it still works fine.
make sure you use a transformer that has no more than 9 volts ac.

1 Like

@Lintbf @dvo another project is already in the pipeline. now for a good friend of mine.

products are already in.
there will also be a 7.9-inch touchscreen.

your getting better every time :slight_smile: what is the price of building this?

1 Like

all products added together more than € 700 euros, including cabinet.

also have a custom toroidal transformer made.

that is twice the price we had in the old builds in the past :stuck_out_tongue:

indeed, since the emergence of raspberry, all manufacturers smell money :money_mouth_face:

the most expensive in this Build is the ian Canada reclocker.

we are going to use this dac chip.

damn those boards are only the price of our old builds, hope it sounds pretty well.

Yup too high ac input voltage the power gets too hot. hence max 9 volts ac.

indeed the old Philips dac chip sound pleasant and warm.

2 Likes

Those internal DACs , are better then for example a topping e30 ? Or you can not see the difference
I want to build another streamer with 7.9 inch screen , internal power supply for roi4 , but I am not sure about the dac , to use an external one or an internal like yours … also I am using an external integrated amplifier …
Thanks

yes what is better, a topping is technically better (lower noise floor) than for example the i2s philips dac that I have now.

in the past i have had a lot of dacs from audio gd to squeezebox, ess sabre, usb dacs but i always come back to i2s short berbinding or hat dac.
each dac chip has its own sound and a reasonably good linear power supply also makes a lot of difference.

so it’s just what you like in a certain sound and of course with an external ready-made dac you don’t have a hassle with building all this.

for example I once adapted a squeezebox duet according to lampizator and this brought a considerable improvement, this was a pretty old streamer but it improved considerably in sound.

http://lampizator.eu/lampizator/Squeezebox/squeezebox.html

@Lintbf personally I always like to tweak, for example I had an old defective harman kardon surround receiver and I took out the standby board and built in the volumio streamer, this saves an extra switch and has a two-color LED on the front (orange off and green on)
the next step is to switch the board on and off via a remote control.

1 Like

@Lintbf if you look closely, there is also a khadas tone1 usb dac hidden there, if I compare this I prefer to choose the philips dac.

made some progress already.
infrared relay for the harman kardon standby board.
to avoid sd card corruption the power off is done via gpio with about 10 seconds waiting time for the relay.

meanwhile also built in a changeover switch…position center off, up on and down charging ian canada PurePi battery.

messed around a bit again.

ian canada PurePi repositioned, now shorter power supply lines, cables (I still had lying around) from pink faun. and moves the audiophonics power board down onto the bottom plate with a whisper quiet temperature controlled fan above it.

also shielded 2x power supply, whether it helps is also the question. is not quite ready yet.

and that remote board has already been put in place.

There is a big gap on the top :rofl: