Look at my new linear powersupply from China

yeah I expect some dude in Italy is wearing my PSU on his head. The shipment I received should have been sent to Italy…

1 Like

yeah that’s heavy on the head he’s walking crooked i guess,
but for china it’s we deliverd it to EU so goodjob.

1 Like

Tried it again, now from the Weiliang store… Time will tell…

1 Like

Got the unit in today.
Unit seems not impressed by peak currents when all 3 outputs are being used simultaneous. Output stays nice at 5.182VDC.

• Solid 8mm aluminum front
  • Adjustable output voltage (at back)
  • The 7 segments display is a bit bright.
  • Small movement on powerswitch (at back)

Recommended

Have you observed any improvement in sound?
Thbaks

@Lintbf

In comparison to the default rPi 3A switched PSU?
Especially with a test track form Focal (Focal Disc 4) “killing me softly”. It sounds better defined. Not sure how to express it in wording.
Same with “Isn’t she lovely” (Focal Disc 3). The opening whistle, clear sharp.
Playing “Setting interference test Digital Silence 0 bits” (Focal Disc 7). Full open, no noise. Doing the same with the std PSU, you hear a hum, or better noise.

So Have to say YES.

1 Like

Thbaks fost detailed answer, I am planning also to buy one, I have an. Topping e30 dsc and a rpi.
What focal are you refering?

These are the test CD’s for FOCAL speakers.
A few tracks can be downloaded from Focal.
You-tube have some:
Disc 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_xUcYYa9YI
Disc 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf8Mia2uiNQ
Disc 5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDkm7ETV7is

2 Likes

I have a same LPS, started selling this on my shop 2 years ago. really nice.

2 Likes

Yes real value for the money.
They should add a trim to reduce brightness of the 7-segment display. Its a bit bright.

Their domestic retail price in China Taobao shop is around 360-400 RMB/pc, even higher than the net price on Aliexpress! I am thinking about how to place order on their Aliexpress shop and ship to China.

don’t have a CE mark. but you can order from China

you can buy a lot of this LPS from aliexpress.

I have been impressed by my dual LPS from a AE seller called Sengterbelle. It has an R core transformer and is there in single and in dual

1 Like

When do you think a linear power supply is needed?
I think my power grid is pretty stable. On my rPi I use only one USB port for an external HDD (which however has its own dedicated power supply), the network is wired and I use an Allo Boss I2s card connected via coaxial cable to my amplifier.
Do you think a linear power supply can bring me some improvements?

1 Like

in 99% of the cases a LPS provide a better sound for sure.

2 Likes

Got the unit today. I ordered it after reading your comments and I’m really glad I did.
I have the distinct feeling of an improvement. More solid and detailed soundstage.
Thank you very much for recommending it!

I have a question: I didn’t change the output voltage, I left it as it was and it shows 5.04. Do I have to change it or do I leave it like this for my Rpi3b +?

I would turn the output voltage a little bit higher, to approx… 5.15V. if you have an accurate voltage meter, you can even swing it a bit higher. Max 5.25V

Sorry for my ignorance on the subject, but what is the impact of using more or less voltage in terms of audio performance?

it gives you a bigger margin on voltage drop due to connected USB devices or GPIO pins. If for whatever reason the voltage drops below 4.85 V, the rPi starts to become unstable.