Latest Volumio Update - Many problems. What a joke!

Having to rebuild from scratch to upgrade is a bit of a joke, but ok I did this and have run into the following issues:

1. After running the initial setup wizard I attempted to add my music shares. Scanning for them finds nothing and hitting rescan I get a message that the player has been reset. WTF? I connected a wired link and was able to add my shares, but I cannot connect via wifi?

2. So great, shares are set up, let’s play some tunes. I browse the shares and see all the album artwork, but no music files. But wait a few moments or click a few menus and go back and the files are there. Do something else and files are missing again. Once more, WTF?

3. I cannot change the background image anymore? I go to appearance and have the option of changing language and nothing else.

4. I cannot change from the Manifest UI to classic UI. It just keeps changing back.

Issues 3 and 4 are minor, but damn sure follow a theme since upgrading. Was any testing done before releasing this? What was once quite reliable is now unusable and I have wasted a ton of time on this. Is another update in the works to resolve these issues?

With repeated “WTF” you are not making friends here.
Please tone down a bit, might get you some serious help for free software.

Actually, this latest release for me is the most stable, very rarely crashes or faults.

Search button is your friend.

Issue 3 and 4 HERE

Issues 1 and 2 sound like networking issue’s, have you tried setting up you shares manually, instead of relying on the auto detection.
Once the shares are found let it finish scanning without messing around with it. otherwise you can end up with a empty or partial database.