How to add more ALSA sinks to cards.json

Hey good news.

Managed to finish a first version of a bluetooth player plugin.

Extendet UI can be found here: github.com/geeks-r-us/Volumio2- … /bluetooth
And the plugin is here: github.com/geeks-r-us/volumio-p … /bluetooth

Feel free to test and submit issues or translations.

Good work @geeks-r-us !

bluetooth support is essential !

will follow this thread

Hi!
Well done!.
Even if I have not yet tried, few questions:
Why do you need to “extended Ui”. It can’t be done in plugin?
Why do you compile bluez at install time?. Is it long on a RPI ? . Maybe you could provide a pre compiled version for the plugin .
Can you provide a zip file to easily install your plugin?
Thanks!
Edit : typo correction

Well done geeks-r-us. I think that this is s sufficiently important topic to open it’s own appropriately named thread so that people can find it easily & submit comments etc. Would you mind doing that please? Thanks in anticipation :slight_smile:

Great to see this happen! :smiley:
Thanks for the effort!

However, I am too noob to get this running - think I need to wait for a more step-by-step description on how to install this or a simple plugin… :laughing:
Thanks again,

Alchemist

To answer your questsion:

Thx :slight_smile:

I wasn’t able to send the found bluetooth devices to the browser by only using the plugin api.

Because there are more platforms that could provide bluetooth support beside the RPi and I don’t have access to them to provide packages for all of them. Installation take about 2 minutes on a RPi 3
[/quote]

I’ll prepare it and start a new thread with them as suggested by chsims1

Ok thanks for the answer.
For the different arch, you just need a x86 version and a armv6 version to cover all volumio devices. With a copy detection at install time to download the required binaries. It is done like that in volspotconnect2.
For the Ui I think it is problematic… It is more complicated to install and may break OTA update. Unless it is integrated in volumio…
I think there is some workaround. I don’t know exactly the problem, but it’s to select a output that not appears in the output list, you can use things such it is done in volsimpleequal. But as I haven’t tested yet I’m not sure it is your problem…

I started a new topic for the plugin here https://volumio.org/forum/bluetooth-speaker-plugin-t7432.html