Help, Waveshare 7.9 DSI sceen

Hi,

I’ve purchased a Waveshare 7.9 DSI touch screen recently, and followed Mark’s insctruction as follows to install the driver, but failed. After rebooting, the screen is up and running, but Volumio only give the login prompt. And then I’ve reinstalled the touch plugin from web console, and no luck like the other, the screen still stays at the login prompt. And in the touch plugin, I’ve got the error message as attached.

Can someone help? Thanks. BTW, I’ve tried with this way many times, with different Pi3 and CM4, but all comes to fail in the end.

Mark’s instruction is at this post: community.volumio.com/t/waveshare-dsi-lcd-displays/57991/8

1. Install Volumio and Touch Display Plugin
  2. Enable SSH in http://volumio.local/dev
  3. Use SSH file transfer (e.g WinSCP) to copy unizpped folder to RPI
  4. Use SSH (e.g. PuTTY) to open terminal
  5. Go to just coppied folder (in step 3) using: cd /location_of_folder/folder_iself/
  6. sudo bash ./WS_xinchDSI_MAIN.sh 7_9inch I2C0
  7. sudo reboot

Hm, can’t see the instructions you posted in that post. Did you possibly follow the instructions in “README_MOD.txt” from the 5.10.92-32-mod.V1.zip linked here?

Do see you any error message when you enable the Touch Display plugin?

Also please post the output of

cat /boot/config.txt

cat /boot/userconfig.txt

cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log

1 Like

Hi Gvolt, thanks for your reply. My bad, it was CM4 not Pi4 in my previous testing. Yesterday, I got a Pi4 and it’s working with Mark’s instruction. So I guess it’s somewhere not configured properly for Pi3. I will post config.txt and userconfig.txt later to you.