FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Yes, I agree. I’m trying to use resampling, currently 32bit / 192 kHz. I need to solve a DAC that will enable a HW mixer, without which I am dependent on SW Volume.

FusionDsp v1.0.7

• New Loudness curve adjustement to match ISO 226: 2003 standard. Thank you @Petr_Dudek
1 Like

@Petr_Dudek

With the SW portion of FusionDsp, what benefits will you get from a HW volume controlled DAC. I have a Pro-ject Pre Boc S2 Digital, with HW control, but with FusionDsp it’s a SW controlled plugin.
I think I am missing something here?

It is possible that I misunderstand. Volumio recommends HW Mixer DAC rather than SW Volume. So with HW Volume via USB would Loudness and others not work?

There no relation between volume mixer (HW or SW) and FusionDsp…
If your Dac provides a HW mixer, just use it! If not and you want to control volume via volumio, use SW mixer and if you want a fix volume output choose ‘none’.
Most of the time, HW mixer operates on 32b or more.
But once again, this not related to the plugin.

Yes they do work

1 Like

@Petr_Dudek
Your correct. If you only want to control the volume HW is the best. The reason for this is that a HW volume control works on the full signal. If you take SW control it only acts on the audio part not on the noise. So with SW control you’re SNR is impacted.
Example:
noise level 1 dB, audio 100dB => 100/100 * 1 => SNR is 1%
lowering the Volume by SW with 90db
noise level 1dB, audio 10dB => 100/10 * 1 => SNR is 10%

@balbuze
If I am correct Fusion manipulates the audio signal by gain and that is not through hardware, hence my remark.

Just wanted to say thank you. Wonderful work. I have been using a Umik + REW and importing the resulting filters with excellent results. It takes time to learn how to create the filters but it is well worth it. Wow. Just noticed the loudness with a volume threshold. You guys have thought of everything. It seems amazing how many bands of parametric eq a lowly raspberry pi 2 can support. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback!
And yes, we have a very elaborated Loudness auto adjusted with volume level. It matches match ISO 226: 2003 standard.
Very nice effect :wink:

2 Likes

Just want to say a big thank you for your work, very impressive work.

3 Likes

Thanks ! Enjoy your music! :wink:

2 Likes

Are the HiFiBerry DACs in that group? Mine (Digi2-Pro) produces a hideous, deafening squeal if the Pi has been turned off an on again.

Hello,

could you please change the word in the German Translationen „Lautstärke“ back to „Loudness“ ?
In German „Lautstärke“ means Volume, that could be a little bit confusion.
Thanks.

1 Like

Ok in a future release.Thanks

1 Like

I see now “Stable” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :kissing_heart:

Is this correct ?

Amazing work @balbuze !!!

(And to the whole team that made it possible: Tim, Mervin, Davide…)

Listening all day with headphones, what a joy.

What kind of crossfeed you recommend? I just used Bauer but thought I might ask the experts

Can’t wait to try it (i’m waiting for Volumio update and the official release of the plugin)!

1 Like

thanks!
Do you equalize your headphone?
For the crossfeed, it is very hard to answer because there is an important part for taste…
Bauer is a good one, very well known… I often use Linkwitz, even for a near field listening with my speaker at office :upside_down_face:
Technically, in FusionDsp, Bauer, Chu Moy, Jan Meier and Linkwitz use only IIR
Natural and Sadie use FIR… But there is no relation with SQ…
Sorry for a poor advice :wink:

2 Likes

1st Loudness is correct

2nd Loudnessachwelle not, here is Lautstärkenschwelle better.