FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Ok. I understand, separate presets for each mode make sense as well. What I really miss is an option to quickly change both mode and preset. If it can be accomplished using the hub in the future - it would be perfect :smile:

I just have one more suggestion regarding presets. When the preset is saved and renamed, it gets renamed for all modes. This makes an impression as if the preset is used across all modes, not defined in each mode separately. I think it would be better if the renaming will affect only the selected mode to emphasize that the presets are tied to modes.

Hi Balbuze,

a question on presets : is the number limited to 5 only? as we could only save settings on an existing one or rename an existing one, I do no see how to save under a new preset and append it to the existing list? Thanks

Hello,

i am not able to open Camilla DSP, has somebody the same issue?
NSURLErrorDomain
Error Code=-1004 (shown in the Browser)

But could be, that my RPI3B+ is giving up. I think it feels a liitle bit ill :joy:

Oh, on my other RPI i am able to open
Camilla DSP. I will make a new fresh install, i think there is something wrong.

Hi,

Was on FusionDSP 1.0.6 beta, and the Loudness function would never stay on. It would go to on, I’d exit settings, go back and it’s off.

Just upgraded to 1.0.41 beta and the same thing still happens. Is there something else I need to configure for this to work?

Hi, I want to use the Accurate Sound Convolution Filters. Is it possible with FusionDSP and when yes how to use it there?

It should work. But I never tested.
Let us know :wink:

I got now 32-bit float stereo .wav impulse files at sample rates 44.1 kHz to 352.8 kHz. They are 65,536 taps long. But how can I apply them in fusiondsp?
I run Volumio on a Intel mini PC without keys and screen. How can I copy the wav files on this device from a windows PC in the network or can I copy them to the music media directory on the SSD of the mini PC to access them with FusionDSP?

from you pc copy files in the shared folder of volumio /INTERNAL/FusionDsp/filters
Then in FusionDsp you should be able to use them.
Please read the help in the plugin.

1 Like

Really enjoying Fusion DSP, it is truly a great addition to Volumio. I have discovered something that I wanted to bring to your attention @balbuze and it has to do with the resampling feature. When I set the resampling feature using the Volumio playback menu I was delighted to discover that it took DSD files converted them to PCM and played them. Then when I turned that off and went to Fusion DSP and turned the resampling feature on, the DSD files no longer played. It seemed odd.

Is there an explanation for this?

Seems to work I get a test file in 96Khz and 192Khz to damping highs and it sounds like highs damping. In the help you wrote that files with 44100,48000,88000,96000Hz are supported. But my 192Khz is also working the same as 96khz. But the resampling option must be set correct to 96Khz or 192Khz.

Hello. Dsd can’t be equalise without conversion. This is not a FusionDsp (or CamillaDsp) limitation but DSD bu design.

Fir-drc does not support conversion higher than 96khz. . It doesn’t mean FusionDsp can’t.
If you name your filea a explained in the help, you don’t need to resample as the plugin will switch between samplerate according to what is played.

1 Like

Understood, what I am saying is when I use Fusion DSD to convert DSD to 192/24 it will not play. Is this a bug?

2 Likes

Does it play without resampling in FusionDsp?
What is the mode you use? PEQ, convolution?
For info, CamillaDsp can’t work with DSD file without conversion and no software can manipulate DSD. When you resample in Volumio, MPD convert it. It’s why it works…

Yes, it plays if I turn resampling off in Fusion DSP. I am using simple 15Band EQ and running Volumio through a SMSL 8s DAC.

1 Like

Can you test with a low value ? 48000?
Can you use ssh?
If yes can you check

sudo chmod 646 /tmp/camilladsp.log
tail -f /tmp/camilladsp.log

and play with resampling. Buffer underrun?

1 Like

Tested following scenarios using Rasberry Pi4b running USB into DS90PRO (not SMSL) and then analog into Peachtree nova150. I am using Fusion v1.0.39.

Fusion DSP turned Off > Play DSD Song 2.82Mhz> Song plays in DSD format as expected.
Fusion DSP turned On > conversion set to 192 in “Volumio” Playback options, song plays at 192
Turn off conversion in Volumio playback options.
Fusion DSP turned On > no conversion set > Song does not play
Fusion DSP turned On > conversion at 48 > song does not play
Fusion DSP turned On > Conversion at 192 > song does not play

Sorry, I do not know SSH.

Thanks. So it is clear as explained previously, FusionDsp (and CamillaDsp) can’t play DSD without previous conversion, done by MPd when you set resampling in Volumio.
This something I discussed few months ago wiith CamillaDsp author, and there is no way to solve it.
So if you want to play DSD use DSD to PCM.