FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

Sorry, my bad I forgot a step… Should be ok now

1 Like

RPI4 +USB DAC
RPI3 + ALLO BOSS
RPI3 + PIANO 2.1
RPI ZERO (from an other user)
Problem on PRIMO and x86 devices…
What do you mean by ‘neither works’? No sound ? no effect?

Works :smiley:!
Blue: original, White: LinkwitzTransform (Fa=135Hz, Qa=1.19, Ft=70Hz, Qt=0.71)
Measured using PinkNoise from the FusionDSP Tools (unfortunately, there is no WhiteNoise available. Seems, that I have to connect to my NAS for that…)

1 Like

Good! You can add all files you need in /INTERNAL/FusionDsp/tools
I could also add it in tools package :relaxed:

1 Like

No sound. When I play a file there’s about 2 seconds of sound, then nothing. The transport function is frozen. Pause and rewind don’t work. This is in graphic equalizer or convolution mode. I have to turn off the plugin and reboot in order to restore the transport controls. I had to run some errands but now that I’m done I’ll upload a log soon. Oh, it’s Volumio 3.173, the production version and fusiondsp 0.1.15

Hi again,

I observed an error which was already mentioned in an other thread:
With FusionDSP enabled, stepping through the play queue (directly selected or using the NEXT button) enters STOP mode and refuses to enter PLAY mode for about a minute.
With FusionDSP disabled, the effect disapears and everything works as expected.

I know that this effect was already reported. So, I don´t want to spam you but maybe the log below can help :slightly_smiling_face:.

RPI Zero W, Adafruit MAX98357 DAC/AMP
Volumio 3.173
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/FG1fUWu.html

Just uploaded a log in graphic equalizer mode. http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/9jPub23.html

Raspberry Pi 400, Volumio 3.173, fusiondsp 0.1.15, audio output USB to Schitt Modi.

With fusiondsp off I’m able to play files. With it on the file plays for a second or two then the audio stops and the transport controls freeze.

I’m not sure what happened but on the PI 400 I tried loading the test files. I played one and got sound. I’m now able to play music also. The only thing that puzzles me is that the loudness contour filter is no longer available.

Thanks for your feedback. I met the problem too. We are working on it…
For the loudness, you have to enable ‘more settings’ to access it

Thanks. Looks like the PI 400 works. I’ll see if I can get some of the others to work.

Just uploaded a log from a Pi 4 with a Hifiberry DAC. I set up a queue with one of the fusiondsp test files followed by a folder’s worth of music files. I have the loudness contour on in convolution mode. The test file, pink noise, plays. The first music file plays for a second or two and then the audio stops. http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/zdTRlq8.html

One thing that’s consistent from machine to machine is the way a file that won’t play has its name displayed on the screen. The current one on the Pi 4 shows up as “x-flac,pn=,ext=.flac” presumably from the metadata. The actual title tag is: “01 - Sonate 1 in F major - 1. Grave”

I am green to see if it works with the HiFiBerry DSP Add-On

This works great for me with RPi 3A and NAD D3020 through USB. Thanks a million for your work!

One question though: Would it be possible to include the Camilla delay parameter or do just not find it?
I have a sub-optimal room that leads to an assymetrical positioning and would like to tinker with delay on one channel to see if I can correct the timing.

Super.
Good news, I have a nearly ready version with a new setting ‘delay’. I plan to upload it at the end of the week if everything is ok :wink:

3 Likes

With FusionDSP enabled, I get errors. Can’t play any files. With FusionDSP disabled, everything plays as should be. Is there an ETA for this fix?

1 Like

What is your hw?
We are still working on it… But can’t give delay, this is a complicated issue.

Hello!
New version v0.1.16

1 Like

What’s the precision for delay? (0.01ms?)

I’ll test it later.

I tested with 999.00001…
So 0.0001ms is ok