[Closed] Volumio 2 for Cubox-i is coming

Hi Michelangelo and devs,
I tried the v2 on my cubox and the problem that i have is that crashes when scanning a path mounted via NFS, is a huge library, and everything looks fine but after some time it crashes and I do not have access via web or ssh. Actually I have to unplug and plug again to be able to connect.

Fernando

Not sure where you got v2 from :wink:
Anyway, I should have a cubox-i2ex again by the end of the week and hope to continue the development.

-Gé-

Sorry, volumio2 v0.991-2016-09-24 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Great, I look forward for the new version, there is no way back to previous when you use the newer one :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot.

Gé, I think that I found my problem, I was using a i4 model instead of i2. I’m trying now with my i2 version and is going further than before.
Despite this I’m waiting forward for the new version!
I’m happy to have my volumio back!

We just released it… Let us know how it works…

Wi-Fi is ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, if someone can reach to solidrun please let them know that we need their help on this one

Thanks, I’ll try it and I let you guys know.
So far so good now by the way, I’m listening right now with the new version.

Ohh, “peccato!” … Anyway thank you very much for your hard work on volumio[emoji106]

Inviato dal mio XT1039 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes è un pecccato, but this does not mean it won’t work in the future… If someone can help please let us know

Hi Michelangelo, quick question, I have a huge library 25000 files, it was really useful to update/refresh only on directory for the entire library instead the complete set, is this feature not available for any reason?
Thanks!

yes, it is a shame. Unfortunately my cubox did not arrive yesterday. When I get it (hopefully next week), i’ll check kernel module and firmware.

Hello,
There are still problems, but I was able to turn on the wireless.
Take a look at this: github.com/OpenELEC/wlan-firmwa … 0-sdio.txt
Adding a file (brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt) in the /lib/firmware/brcm directory is a good point to start. :wink:

edit: with the direct command wpa_supplicant -B -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf I got the wifi working.

For what it’s worth, I played around with this yesterday, and it’s not ready. The new UI is really sweet and it appeared to be working (cabled Ethernet), but it keeps dropping off of the network. I can’t complete a scan of the files on my NAS. I have to power-cycle to bring it back up and then it starts over.

I’ll check back when there is a updated version and try again.

I appreciate everyone’s hard work, though.

EDIT: and I will add that 1.55 works well.

yes, I was expecting (hoping for) something like that…

Playing with route command I got a fully working internet connection :smiley: .
Once the brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt file is added there are only problems of configuration.
Seems to me that is needed a rework in the wireless.js procedure .

Another element of the puzzle: iwconfig does not see the wlan0 interface while the new command iw sees it …

"About iw

iw is a new nl80211 based CLI configuration utility for wireless devices. It supports all new drivers that have been added to the kernel recently. The old tool iwconfing, which uses Wireless Extensions interface, is deprecated and it’s strongly recommended to switch to iw and nl80211. "

I’m curious, let me know what you mean

Ok. I’ll try to show my survey.
My goal is to achieve wireless working on the volumio 2’s cubox-i edition.

1. in the command line I type ifconfig: output tell me that wlan0 device is present but not configured.
  2. I configure wlan0 with this command: ifconfig wlan0 192.168.0.10 broadcast 255.255.255.0. wlan0 configured but not connected.
  3. sudo route add default gw 192.168.0.254 wlan0. DNS configured
  4. sudo route add 192.168.0.10 gw localhost lo. Localhost configured
  5. sudo wpa_supplicant -B -iwlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf: wlan0 connected
    Now, wireless is working.
    Sometimes commands above need to be repeated. :unamused:
    Of course, when I reboot all is lost!
    Why? Because in the wireless.js script there is the iwconfig line that is not working on the cubox-i.
    If I type iwconfig I get: wlan0: no wireless extension: that is the problem.
    If I type iw dev wlan0 link I get all and proper information about device wlan0.
    At this point I have to stop because I don’t know the structure of the volumio’s software.
    Seems to me that it is possible to work on the wireless-tools script changing all references to iwconfig with the corresponding iw sintax or reworking it .

That’s all (I hope)

Some general question:

1. I successfully installed touch_display (in cubox-i too) plugin but I have to do manually because there is a point that requires a keyboard configuration. Is a bug?
  2. update to 2.031 from 2.029 is working.

On a cubox i2-ex. After copying brcmfmac4330-sdio.txt into the right place wireless seems to be active, i.e. networks and their SSID show up in the GUI. Unfortunately the configuration does not work yet, as observed above. Any tips on how to get it working?