Display for a specific case - a problem

Hello. I’m planning to do a new minimalist project. I bought such a display https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/1.28inch_LCD_Module.
It’s hooked up correctly but it doesn’t display anything. What commands in the console to use to display the image

1 Like
  • Either you built scripts, to drive this display,
  • Return it and get a square one and install “MPD_OLED” from the plugin store.
  • Try if one of the seeded displays within “MPD_OLED”
Adafruit SPI 128x64,
Adafruit I2C 128x64,
Seeed I2C 128x64,
SH1106 I2C 128x64,
SH1106 SPI 128x64

will drive your display and modify the code (layout) to deal with yours

The one I bought won’t work? On the manufacturer’s website there is information that it supports raspberry. And I just need a round display

It will most likely work if you run the installation process from the manufacturer within Volumio.
Add manually the startup parameters in /boot/userconfig.txt

However it won’t show anything related to Volumio, just a clock.

This display works with raspberry pi and the manufacturer has some drivers written C that you could use as a basis. If you’re not good at programming I’d avoid trying to use this screen with Volumio unless you want spend a year doing low level C programming (talking from experience here implementing SSD1322 displays :persevere:)

yeah, but it was worth it :slight_smile:

1 Like

The mpd_oled plugin was worth it. I’m referring to the time when I tried to implement an SSD1322 display (256x64) into mpd_oled. I couldn’t get a decent refresh rate without having to rewrite the code that drives the display. The developmental version of mpd_oled does support these displays albeit not in 256 colours.

Ok Display returned. Thank you

I want to adjust the screen to the size of the flip, i.e. 48x115mm. I have two raspberries 3B and 4B. I found a 5’ display in my resources for a test. And there is a problem 3B detects it, the inscription Volumio appears and it hangs. However, on 4B there is no picture. The same system is installed on both. Display connected to the tape “display:” on the board. What display do you recommend to work with 4B without any problems? Same dimensions as above?