Audio play stops after a while

I’m seeing similar issues with stopping after a few songs.

Mine is a Pi 3 with a Hifiberry Digi+.

Try the latest version, 2.129. I’ve been using it for several hours now and it seems to be running fine. I’m using same hardware as you.

OKay u Rock !! 2.129 fixed this problem ! :smiley:

Just got the latest version and was airplaying until this happened again:

Mar 26 10:40:08 airstationkitchen shairport-sync[1007]: shairport-sync: player.c:247: alac_decode: Assertion `outsize == (4 * frame_size)' failed. Mar 26 10:40:08 airstationkitchen systemd[1]: airplay.service: main process exited, code=killed, status=6/ABRT Mar 26 10:40:08 airstationkitchen systemd[1]: Unit airplay.service entered failed state.

I have more in the logs but it seems to be the same problem that has been around for a while. I was streaming a lossless song from iTunes at the time from my mac on the latest iTunes.

Edit: I might have just put this in the wrong thread!

after about 3hours of playing in queue , stops again :frowning:

Please send us the logs so we can see what goes wrong:
volumio.github.io/docs/User_Man … oting.html

Hi,

here the log reports

logs.volumio.org/volumio/MCOOQ5B.html

Here it is just after a stop…
logs.volumio.org/volumio/ebDqVoo.html

If i click on play, next song in queue list starts playing…

Thanks, at which track did it stop?

here the log after the 37th song playing correctly…
i just click play and the 38th begins

logs.volumio.org/volumio/ebDqVoo.html

EDIT :

And sometimes, i see volumio skipping 2 or 3 songs in the queue list.

for example here a log at the end of the song number 0, it’s skips to the 4th song without any reason…

logs.volumio.org/volumio/vyA9n07.html

Finally, i start the queue list from the beginning : Tracks 0, 1, 2,3 and 4th played ok, then it’s stop.
Here the log :
logs.volumio.org/volumio/i3a4YHD.html

{“status”:“stop”,“position”:4,“title”:“Wrong Side Of The Tracks (Out In Beverly Hills)”,“artist”:“Steel Panther”,“album”:“Lower The Bar”,“albumart”:"/albumart?web=Steel%20Panther/Lower%20The%20Bar/extralarge&path=%2Fmnt%2FNAS%2FMusique%2FSteel%20Panther%20Lower%20The%20Bar",“uri”:“music-library/NAS/Musique/Steel Panther Lower The Bar/05-steel_panther-wrong_side_of_the_tracks_(out_in_beverly_hills).flac”,“trackType”:“flac”,“seek”:221247,“duration”:187,“samplerate”:“44.1 KHz”,“bitdepth”:“16 bit”,“channels”:2,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:false,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“stream”:“flac”,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“mpd”}

Thanks for your time Michelangelo :wink:

hi again :

logs.volumio.org/volumio/6BrkLHp.html

It’s stops exactly after playing the 3th song in the the queue list. :slight_smile:

{“status”:“stop”,“position”:4,“title”:“Wrong Side Of The Tracks (Out In Beverly Hills)”,“artist”:“Steel Panther”,“album”:“Lower The Bar”,“albumart”:"/albumart?web=Steel%20Panther/Lower%20The%20Bar/extralarge&path=%2Fmnt%2FNAS%2FMusique%2FSteel%20Panther%20Lower%20The%20Bar",“uri”:“music-library/NAS/Musique/Steel Panther Lower The Bar/05-steel_panther-wrong_side_of_the_tracks_(out_in_beverly_hills).flac”,“trackType”:“flac”,“seek”:221005,“duration”:187,“samplerate”:“44.1 KHz”,“bitdepth”:“16 bit”,“channels”:2,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:false,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“stream”:“flac”,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“mpd”}

Hi

Issues here with new version also.
I can not add a directory choosing “Clear and play”
It clears the current que but never adds the new songs or start to play.

If i choose “Play” on a directory it does start to play songs from this dir.
Webui seems not updating correctly. Play button looks like II (paus).
New song is playing but old song info shows on main page.

Also volume meter is sometimes green sometimes light grey and sometimes dark grey.
Seems like it goes light grey when i push mute and then raising volume never restores color to green again.
Only page refresh in browser makes it green again.

/AC

clear & play issue has been confirmed. This will be taken care off. Please bear with us.

Hi,

dis you find something wrong into my logs ?

For your information, It seems that by reducing the size of the playback buffer to 2MB instead of 8MB(default), this does not stop.

I continue playing my queue list many times and i will confirm if this is a final fix or a placebo later…

Hi there,

for my part, after many hours of queue list listenning, i can say the problem is almost solved by reducing the playback buffer on “128kB” into volumio settings.

With 8Mb (by default), i have random audio play stops every 5 songs approx
With 2Mb, every 15-20 songs approx
With 128kB, every 35-40 songs approx

So, seems i think there are issues between the wifi speed of my rpi 0w, the transfer rate of my wifi lan, the NAS, and “the playback buffer” In Volumio2.129.

i hope u will find the fix soon…

Thank you, this is a super useful info!!!

You’re welcome !

Finally :
With Playback buffer = 128kB & Buffer before reading = 10% (from 20% by default, all the queue list has been played without STOP !!! :laughing:

Reminder of my setup :
Rpi Zero W
FX AUDIO d802 Full-Digital-Amp (USB-SPDIF)
Volumio 2.129
********Player setup : FXAUDIOD802(USB), Playback buffer=128kB, Buffer before reading=10%,Software Mixer with Volume control enabled.
NAS (Openmediavault into a Rpi3B)

For me this laest release started working for unknown reason.
Had some issues with stops in the first few tries but now it’s been playing last 2 days non stop.
I have a custom wifi dongle because the RPi integrated one is so bad.

I did not touch any buffer settings yet.

FWIW, spotted a similar issues while listening a webRadio and extracted log here

To help spot the incident, here are some markers: listening interruption happened a few seconds before this event

Mar 29 10:49:07 volumio sudo[1426]: volumio : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/volumio ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/journalctl
[/code]and playback resumed about 2 secs before this one[code]
Mar 29 10:49:13 volumio sudo[1442]: volumio : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/volumio ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/sbin/ifconfig

Spotted that before time of issue (though was a while before in log):Mar 29 10:40:54 volumio systemd[1]: Starting Cleanup of Temporary Directories... Mar 29 10:40:55 volumio systemd[1]: Started Cleanup of Temporary Directories.
This led me to connect some dots: I’m wondering if such intermittent problems are not generated by some routine system cleanup of caches or tmpfs…
Maybe they are more frequent since a recent change (can’t remember which exact recent submit reduced available space before /tmp cleanup, but there was one…need to search a bit…).
Intermittent nature, and reported Cache size impact would probably point into similar kind of direction…

PS: @michelangelo it’s on a somehow different (custom) build, but seems equally impactedVOLUMIO_BUILD_VERSION="2cc06eadfcd49a6f8e693179b323f63c580fa2bf" VOLUMIO_FE_VERSION="a2eb6bb687cd5efb0a27b55c628963bf0e0e7c67" VOLUMIO_BE_VERSION="e3aa3a8e849b84d75b2e1304f217d85ce500c2a3"

Issue has not been resolved in latest update (as hoped). Noticing this happens with both the web radio and standard playback. Also noticed when listening to my library, the music has been stopping when changing between different file types (mp3 to FLAC/WAV for example). Chrome tab crashed when song changed from mp3 to flac, unsure if related.

Hi, i’am back to 2.041 because even if it’s working by reducing buffers in Volumio, there are other problems like :

• play audio stops when the transitions from the mp3 to the flac and vice versa.
  • same with transitions from audio files to webradio.
  • Sometimes there is no more sound but crackling during the playback :frowning: