Audio-GD USB-DAC NFB11.32 not supported?

Will add from himself! !!!

I have a similar problem!!
After some manipulation, i have ticks/clicks while switching to next track!
But if you stop and start the track again, the problem disappears!

Try to use files from this topic
tall-did-you-hear-distortion-switching-tracks-t2917.html#p13012

Anyway…
I try to play dsd on NFB-1S
But play only dsd64
No matter DoP on,or OFF

Anyboby try to play dsd 128 on AudioGD Dac`s?

Dear Sirs,

I try to add to cmdline.txt

dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x1

But my cubieboard dont boot after this.

Maybe this option only for Raspberry?

I would be interested to hear why you moved from RP/RA to Asus UN42/Daphile.
I`m planning to do the same thing: play music files (FLAC) via USB to my DAC and so far tend to take the Intel/Daphile route as well.

Hello Paul,

the reason to switch from RP/RA to a Mini-PC (despite the price difference) with Daphile is basically because I still have a Squeezebox Touch which, in combination with this Audio-GD DAC, sounds great. I already used Logitech Media Server before and Daphile is created around LMS with some additions and a nice GUI. I run KodiBuntu* on the PC and have installed VirtualBox in which I installed and run Daphile. In this way I can use my Mini-PC as a Kodi-platform and LMS music-server at the same time. (the Mini-PC came with Windows 8 which I still can boot manually for certain applications that only run on Windows)

*: I also have Daphile installed on a USB-stick which can be booted from UEFI. In this way you can use Daphile very fast and standalone, but in this way you cannot use or run anything else on the Mini-PC.

I use my RP (with HifiBerry) to run PicorePlayer, so I can use two devices to play music from Daphile (with the same music library). The reason to do this is that PiCorePlayer starts very quickly, runs completely in memory (the whole linux file system is copied into memory during startup) and can be switches off by pulling the powerplug without screwing up the SD-card. I have one main powersource for all my Hifi-equipment which I switch off during the night, so I want all my equipment (including the PCs - the Mini-PC starts and stops in approx. 15 secs due to powering up or off Daphile and Kodi) to startup and powerdown quickly.

I hope this answers your question?

Hi MSH,
well - more or less and wow!
I’m trying to keep things simple, since I’m new to this environment. So I’ll probably start off using a Mini PC dedicated to only playing music to my Stereo Hifi equipment (loudspeakers or headphones).
For home theatre I’ve a different setup and certainly don’t want to mix that with Hifi.

Thanks for all your help!
Paul

I have been unable to operate the AudioGD NFB -1S With volumio but works perfectly with Rune Audio
After reading some of the possible solutions and install some older versions Volumio has not worked

USB seems a problem , do you think that with the new RaspberryPi 2 solves the problem ?

Regards

I assume you run Rune Audio on a different device than a RPi.

Yes it is an USB issue with the RPi and it makes no difference when using a RPi 2 as it uses the same USB hardware.

Have you tried setting some boot variables? You can get some better results that way. Search this forum for options.

But in the end, you might be better off feeding the DAC using something like the HifiBerry with your RPi and Volumio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, runeaudio is installed in the same RPI

I tried the options you say and although Volumio recognizes the DAC sounds like a fast rewind

ok, interesting. That would imply that the software of RuneAudio is able to get the RPi USB play nice with your DAC.

Which version of RuneAudio are you using? Can you list kernel version and versions of the used kernel modules?

Thats odd, next to myself others have reported that they were able to improve audio playback from the same ‘fast rewind’ noise to almost perfect playback too (we are all stuck with some audioble pops and cracks coming through a few times per minute which destroys a nice listening experience).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I´m using the last version of Rune Audio, but it takes longer to boot than volumio

head-fi.org/t/769177/audio-g … ted-models

I try to contact with Kingva, for appears new firmware for DSD128 support, but after try to update new firmware and chip was crashed, he is gone from correspondence for ever :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks God, i have asdditional reserve chip :sunglasses:

Hi, newbies here. I’m using Audio-gd DI-2014 + Master-7.
May I know how to do this? Sorry for the stupid question, never used Linux before. Totally no idea how to fix this.
“adding the following in /boot/cmdline.txt
dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x1”

You can do this without linux knowledge (but need some Windows skills instead :wink: ):

take the SD-card out of your RPI and place it in a Windows-PC/laptop and find the right Drive (in my PC it was G:) which appears in the File Manager. You’ll see the bootpartition of the SD-card (the linuxpartition is not visible, but you don’t need that one). Open the Drive and you sould see several files including cmdline.txt.
Just edit the file (e.g. with Notepad) and add dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x1 at the end of the line (everything must be on that first line separated by spaces, so do not press Enter before or after adding). Save the file and check the file once more by clicking on it.
Now go back to the File Manager and rigth-click on the Drive and click on Eject. Take the SD-card out of your PC/laptop and place it in your RPI and boot it.

My cmdline.txt shows this (it’s not the Volumio one, but that does not matter for this example):
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet
After addition:
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x1

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:
Just tried but the distortion still there :open_mouth:

I got the best result from 0x2, but 0x3 is also possible. Did you try those too?

0x2 totally no sound. 0x3 can work :smiley:
Thanks

I reformatted my SD card and Volumio yesterday. And then I found that adding “dwc_otg.fiq_fsm_mask=0x1” doesn’t work this time. I’ve tried 0×1~0×7 but both have the same distortion sound on my Audio-GD DI + M7…
I used 0×3 before and everything is fine. Not sure why it doesn’t work after reformat… :open_mouth:

Anyone have the same problem? :question:

Some one have play dsd 128 on Audio GD?