App restarts every time

I use Volumio mainly with the Spotify connect plugin.
The volume control when using Spotify connect. Android.

When I go back and forth between the Spotify app and the Volumio app, each time I go back to Volumio I get the loading graphic and it resets to the list of Volumio devices. I have to select the one in currently listening through before I can access for example the volume control.
What if prefer is for Volumio to just stay on the device I last selected. At least for a short time so that I don’t have to wait for it to load each time.

The practical reason for this is primarily that the volume control when in Spotify itself while using connect is not particularly good. It’s laggy and doesn’t always work reliably. So I need to go into Volumio to change the volume. I’m having to wait for Volumio to load, display all my devices and then select one near enough every time I want to control volume.
The android app isn’t exactly snappy at the best of times without this extra hurdle…

I’m using Volumio 3 on all the devices, as for the Volumio app on my phone I’m not 100% sure. I can only seem to find system info for the streaming device in currently controlling as opposed to the app itself, although I’d assume it automatically updates itself to the latest version anyway.

Please use the dedicated Spotify plugin thread for all issues.

Hi. With with all due respect, I’m not sure you actually read my message properly. This isn’t a Spotify issue, I have issues with Spotify connect but they’re separate to this.
The issue is that every time I go back to the lumio I have to select a device again. What I want is for Volumio up to stay on the device I’m currently listening through. At least for a set amount of time.
If I’m using the volumio app and use another app and go back to it immediately it’s gone back to the load screen and I have to select the device again. That’s the issue.