Hardware: Pi 3B+
DAC: Onboard Headphone Jack

Been fighting this for 5 weeks.
Raspberry Pi with Official Touch Screen
Pi has dedicated 3A PSU
Touch screen has dedicate 2.5A PSU
No under-voltage warnings
Using the touch screen plug-in

Every time it boots (from the very first boot after the initial, it stops during boot, announces "ā€œWelcome to recue mode!ā€ and waits for Ctrl-D input to continue to boot and launch.

Using it as a sound effects machine for radio show remotes. Dragging around 2x PSUs is bad enough but having to drag a keyboard just to get past the boot is problematic - the console already has enough junk on it.

Iā€™ve made fresh images twice - this is the third attempt (and last, if I canā€™t make it boot uninterrupted).

Really appreciate the help

Thank you all!

did you already take a fresh image or try 3.xx ?

Sure did. 3.xx? This 2.882 is the most recent that Iā€™m aware of - got it from Download |Get Started | Volumio which shows that 2.882 is the current release for RPi.

Also, just for hoots, I just pulled the card, popped it into another Pi. Ran fsck and found boot has a dirty bit set. Uses fsck to clear the dirty bit. Returned it to the Pi with the touch screen. No change - itā€™s sitting there, staring at me telling me to type Control-D to continue. Sigh.

try a new downloaded 2.882 (so not the one you have ) or
try 3.xx version instead :stuck_out_tongue: are you burning it with balena etcher or Pi imager?

// Volumio 3 Buster Beta for RPi

// volumio-plugins/plugins/miscellanea/touch_display at master Ā· volumio/volumio-plugins Ā· GitHub

Howdy, dvo. I used Pi imager. Are you suggesting that I should switch to Etcher? I have it but I was mighty please to switch from it to RPi Imager. I am using a Windows system next to the Pi. I am also using 14 other Pi systems next to the Pi.

Iā€™ll take a whack at the Beta and use Etcher if thatā€™s what you think is the solution.

Thank you.

i use etcher most of the timeā€¦ but iā€™m on pi4ā€¦ less corruption in that system but itā€™s bed time her 02.34
nighty nightā€¦

Good night. Thanks for the suggestions. Burned 3.0xx with Etcher and doing inititial boot. Best!

Good news, bad news: It boot and runs. But itā€™s useless for our purposes. We are looking for a self-contained audio box for feeding commercials, stingers, etc. into live and recorded radio programming. The touch screen interface makes that possible. Sadly, I canā€™t take another computer just to access the Pi with a web interface. If I were going to do that, I could just build/find something that runs on the standard computer.

I truly appreciate your assistance and look forward to working with you further.

Best!

Greetings, dvo. All solved. Use Etcher on the 2.882 version. Everything working like a Swiss, um, cheese - grin!
Thank y0ou for pointing me in good directions. Looks like the customization options in RPi Imager might leave an artifact or two in the boot loader that Etcher doesnā€™t. Itā€™s also possible that Imager is fine if the customization options arenā€™t used. Not doing another burn to find out - working is working.
Best!

run a backup with win32diskimager and your all set ā€¦

best regards,
dvo