Allo kali vs hifiberry dac pro i2s out

Has anyone tried putting Allo Kali on top of Hifiberry Digi+ Pro?

I know it sounds strange, but even the best reclockers like Ian’s are claimed to sound better with better I2S signal on its input.
I personally noticed that with my dam1021 which also has onboard reclocker, but works better with better I2S signal condition on input.
Technically in terms of noise it also make sense. Since Hifiberry Digi+ Pro I2S signal is created from its own dedicated crystals with its own dedicated regulators then I2S signal generated in such way is much more cleaner than the one straight from RPI. The more clean I2S signal is on Allo Kali the less noise is contaminated into it. The less noise on Allo Kali the less noise passed to DAC. The less noise in the DAC the better the sound, theoretically.

I do not think it will bring anything. Otherway around is more likely to may give a little improvement.

As far as I understand, the way of reclocking on the HF is different of the way the Kali does it.

The Kali buffers much longer and uses a FPGA to do its magic while most others, like the HF do not.

In theory, the Kali has the best specs but YMMV :slight_smile:

So stacking a HF on top of the Kali might work and may sound different.

But it also depends on how you feed your DAC :slight_smile:

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Please explain how should I feed AK 4495 DAC to get bit-perfect sound and please download your photos? Thank you in advance!!!

Very interesting post.

In the past weeks I am trying to connect a hifiberry dac+ pro via i2s to a TDA1541 but until now no success.

Is the signal always available at the i2s or do I need a special driver for this?

What voltage should be available at the pins? I am measuring 1.67v and on data it’s zero?

Thanks.