ALLO Boss

Hello
The problem is most likely a contact problem with the crowd. (Ground loop)
Do you hear the noise on both sides or only on one side?
It can also be magnetic interference from a transformer on a neighboring device, but I think it’s more of a ground problem.
Are the contacts between RPI and BOSS all OK? (GPIO)
Are the cables between BOSS and Amp OK?

I have been using the BOSS for a long time (V.1.4) and I am really extremely satisfied. I use the iFi audio power supply.

I hope my tips help solve the problem.

regards
rost21A

Hello
Do you use an ethernet cable or wifi?
If Ethernet, I recommend using an unshielded cable.
I use wifi (USB wifi dongle)
With wifi there are no ground problems and no noise from the router or switch.

regards
rost21A

Yes I think you have a ground loop issue in your setup.
Some good articles to know more about it:
techhive.com/article/306359 … stems.html
audioholics.com/home-theate … m-and-buzz
tnt-audio.com/clinica/groun … ero_e.html

Ciao Michelangelo
I bought a boos that mounted on rasp 4 was not seen by volume, I changed the product and the new one worked on the first attempt … (a rev 1.5 has arrived) mounts on amplifier (harman kardon avr 132)
doing tests from the web interface I tried to put the volume on mute and then increase … it no longer worked :frowning:
the track flows, not showing signs of errors but no longer emits sounds
what happened?

hello everyone, the problem of the double click is very annoying.It occurs at every track change.I am currently feeding the boss v 1.2 with the official Raspberry power supply directly on the dac with the jumper on.I already have the material to power with the isolator and dual power supply. but I’m not sure if it solves the problem.

I have a Raspberry Pi4 and a Allo Boss 1.2. My 24 bit music is seen by volumio as 16 bit (or downscaled). Whether I play from my NAS or through JRiver. However JRiver sees the music correctly as 24 bit.
In Volumio I’ve checked all settings and no conversion is done (off). What should I do ? Thanks for your help. Vincent

I have started from scratch again with downloading Volumio. Volumio now sees the correct birate and sample size. Only one problem remains : radiostations stop playing after 10 seconds. Fortunately the radio stations memorised in JRiver MC 26 play without any problem.
What could be the cause for the 10 seconds playing of radio stations ?
Thanks for your help.