Albums not playing

Hi
I posted one or two posts above. I have now resolved this issue to my knowledge.
I was only having cue and album play issues in compilations. I resolved the issued by adding or changing the metadata for “Album Artist” so that it appears as “Various Artists” <-note this must be written exact. Using VA, va etc did not work.
In Settings -> My Music -> Music Library Settings: select ‘Artist’ for ‘Sort Artist By’.
I’m using Version 2.348. I have tried updating to the latest build many times but i can no longer mount my drive and could not figure out why.

I use mp3tag to edit metadata. Perhaps someone else could try this?
vav.PNG

OK, I have experienced this same problem.

First I dicked around with the tags to no avail.

It has something to do with the file system. I had a subdirectory in which the files did not play that also contained an additional subdirectory with art files. When I removed this art subdirectory, the files played.

Also, i downloaded some sample files with white and pink noise. Putting these files outside a directory, they did not play. When I created a subdirectory and put the files in that directory, they did play.

Should have mentioned in my previous post that I am using a hifiberry amp2, latest realease of volumio. Playing music from a Synology NAS configured as media server.
No access from the file system but this is I think due to the synology operating system.

AND OF COURSE, THANK YOU FOR DEVELOPING THIS AWESOME SOFTWARE! I am coming from a sonos and feel liberated!

Dear all,
just re produced the same behavior as mentioned above = Search for an Album, in this case via “bond” (themes from James Bond) - Album is found, but could not be played as album. Instead causes some kind of “frozen reaction”, search becomes slow or is blocked for some time when trying to start to play the found album, stopping also the actual played music, but not progressing with the album found in search.

Single titles out of it could be played without any issue, also the album itself plays as “complete album” when directly selected without using the search function.

Also here tags are “various artists” as in one post above - might be related to the tagging of the album (original CD read out via EAC program and tagged there to my NAS as FLAC) - pls. see log file also

logs.volumio.org/volumio/ZOCLer7.html

If instead I search for eg. “Sting” I could play all directly out of the search - all added to the queue and starts to play (should be also in the log file)

(All files served from a QNAP NAS share mounted to the volumio instances)

BTW - THANKS A LOT to Michelangelo and everybody who is contributing to “Volumio” !!! Brilliant project, thanks a lot to make this happen!!!

cheers Dirk

I found that folders that had a .cue file in them, and where that .cue file referred to an incorrect file such as .wav instead of .flac caused this problem. Renaming the .cue file to .bak and doing an update of the library seemed to sort the problem. I’ve tried this on 5 albums that were not playing.

Hi,

I’m facing the same problem… no way to play a “various artist” album from the area “Album”, only possible to play single tracks selecting them individually

the problem do not occur playing the same album from “Libreria Musicale”…

no files .cue in the folder… tried already many different “solutions” without any success… delete in the NAS… delete album art from the memory in Volumio, rescan, tag again in the computer and reload in the NAS… nothing, no way :frowning:

“Artista” and “Arista Album” are both defined as Various Artist in mp3tag… inside Volumio in the option Metadati Per Artisti Vari the values are… albumtitle, artist, various, Various, Various Artists … in the option Ordina Artisti Per the value is albumartist

Volumio updated to the very last release

any idea/suggestion?

please help!

Hello? Is anyone there?
Could I have some help with that?
I am not the only one with this problem… and it is quite annoying

hello?

Hello there,

I am facing the same issue and I noticed the following:

when tags “Artist” and “Album Artist” are different, the track or the album (if this is the case for the whole album) is not passed to the queue. If for the whole album the tags are different, the whole album is not passed. If for some of the tracks of the album the tags are different, only the tracks with equal tags are passed. My sort preference is set to “Album Artist”.

Who can confirm this?

Who can fix this?

Thanks for your Help :slight_smile: I love this application, but is not very usable with this behavior…

Cheers,

Flavio

Update: After replacing the “Artist” tag contents with the contents of the “Album Artist” tag, album can be played normally. This confirms the bug…

I could apply the workaround to all my albums, but this would be a very time consuming job as I have over 500 ripped CD’s…

@michelangelo: can you help?

hello?

the problem is still open!

here is a screen shot of my mp3tag… https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e2b37NBjz4wPm1-UqkOuRwS9EMn51RG4/view?usp=sharing

is there anybody that could dedicate few minutes, between the new Myvolumio and Volumio Primo and the amazing expanding shop and marvellous other cooperation, that could help understanding where is the mistake? (IF there is a mistake)

I have here some cd, like those coming from TOP Audio, that are all compilations… would like to play them straight from the menu “Album”

I tried all the way without success… I’m pretty sure I’m forgetting something, but is there an step-by-step instruction somewhere to help rookie like me? or is this a game for nuclear scientist only?

do thanks in advance

p.s.: player Allo Boss bought from Volumio shop

update: tried updating mp3tag but still no way to play album keeping track, in the tags and in the title, of the different artist performing each song/track… the only way is to put in both fields artists and albumartists the same value (Various… or Various Artists… or whatever… ) that means all the info about artists are lost

nice bug :cry: , and not a new one as there are posts in the forum claiming the same problem since a long time ago… I’m wondering how/why this problem do not occur with Roon

Im also having this problem. Using with Nanosound DAC.
Specifically when playing tracks from USB, from the “Music Library” section, it will only play one song then stop…

I understand there might be multiple issues preventing albums to play from the Browse/Album view, but definitely Album Artist tag is one of them.
Today I came across this issue again, the tracks had pretty long “Album Artist” tag, including coma, semicolon.
I updated the Album Artist tag using the same value as Artist tag and it fixed the issue.

To get your music to play in succession, you have to add the music as a folder to your playlist. So you’ll select Music Library/USB/ and then your music folder has the three little dots in the upper right hand corner, left click then select “Add to Playlist” It worked for me.